Blog: Having a Baby? Have a New Baby? G.O. Here!
Essential Mom Tools...Don't Leave Home Without Them!
As a new mom, it's important for you to be organized and efficient so you can focus your attention on baby and yourself. For some, this comes easier than for others. Even as an organized person, my transition was difficult. I was used to making a list and getting things done, but when you have a little one, lots of unexpected issues arise that make it sometimes impossible to accomplish even one planned task.
You need to be armed with tools that will help make your life more efficient! You probably already have them on hand, but let's see if a different perspective can help you maximize your time!
- CAR - Your car is not only your primary mode of transportation, but also a communications vehicle, a changing station, and storage facility. Now, don't go loading up the car with unnecessary stuff. Plan out the space and how you use it. You'll want to have an extra bag - in addition to the diaper bag you normally use - stored in the vehicle with some diapers, wipes, zip-lock baggies for dirty diapers and an extra outfit for baby. You may want to toss in an extra shirt for you too - you never know when baby might spit up or wipe a dirty hand on your shirt.
- CALENDAR - This could be a date book, a PDA (personal digital assistant), a Daytimer, a Franklin Planner, a wall calendar, or printed calendar from Outlook, or a similar electronic tool. Use it to record scheduled appointments and baby milestones.
- CELL PHONE and headset (especially if you live in a state where it's against the law to drive and hold a cell phone). Put all your favorite food delivery/restaurants on speed dial in the event you get to the end of the day and have neglected to plan what to do for dinner (which is okay!). As a new mom, cooking can take a back-burner for a while as you adjust to caring for an infant.
- CORDLESS HEADSET for home - This hands-free option for talking on the phone will become invaluable, especially when it's time to change baby's diaper.
- TAKE OUT MENUS - I'm not kidding! You may have good intentions of cooking dinner, but sometimes it's just not possible. Have a frozen pizza or other type of frozen entree on hand will ease your hunger and stress level at times when you're out of time and need to eat.
- BABY WIPES - Put them everywhere! In the nursery, the bathroom, kitchen, and car. Great for wiping up small messes and quickly cleaning the dashboard, steering wheel, bathroom vanity, and more!
posted on: 10/17/2007 9:00:00 AM by Stacey Crew
Having a Baby? Have a New Baby? G.O. Here! : < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
Having a Baby? Have a New Baby? G.O. Here!
by Stacey Crew
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
I'm Stacey Crew, mom, author and professional organizer. With more than 12 years of experience in the corporate world, 10 years as a parent, and professional organizer and business owner for the past 4 years, I'm excited to share my experience with you. Since I started my business in 2003, I've published two books and serviced well over 100 organizing clients. Prior to that, I had the experience of moving five times in six years and having two children along the way. I guess you could say I've been busy. I'm passionate about my work to help ease women's stress through time and space organizing solutions. I look forward to sharing my expertise with you and answering any specific questions you may have as they relate to organizing.
Stacey's Other Blogs: