Blog: Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
10 Simple Vehicle Interior Cleaning Tips
It is springtime and that means we will start with spring-cleaning and that includes your vehicles. This is a great time of the year to get it shining and bright so the sun does not do any damage to your finish. For this job, you will want to wash your vehicle, shine the bumpers and put a good coat of paste wax on your vehicle. Then it is time to do the interior and get rid of all of the winter dust and grime that has accumulated in every corner (and usually the hard to reach spots are the worst) and clean the upholstery.
These hand tips and hints will make that job easier for you to accomplish the job.
1. Use a paint brush, to get in all of those hard to reach spots to get the dust collection out of the corners and a vacuum to eliminate it completely.
2. Do you have spots that are hard to get the vacuum cleaner nozzle into? Then use your vacuum as a blower and blow the debris into an area that is easier to vacuum.
3. To remove dirt and residue from the mats simply brush with a stiff brush while following with a vacuum cleaner and then wash as usual. Applying a coat of armor-all will also help when you have to remove grime the next time, it will coat the surface and corners enough that it will brush off easier.
4. To remove gum and other sticky stuff, simply heat some vinegar, to the degree that it is as hot as your hands can stand it. Apply to the residue, let sit until cool and rub off. Continue until all of the 'sticky' is gone and then wipe again with a clean cloth.
5. Wipe the buckle side of the seat belt with WD-40 and wipe dry. This will help keep the buckle maintenance free and in good working condition, as well as remove dust and grime inside of the mechanism.
6. If you are a smoker, wash out the ashtray with baking soda and water. It will eliminate the odor that penetrates the plastic insert.
7. Remove the trunk liner and vacuum and wash this area as well, items that are spilled will eventually mold under this carpet. It is a place that we don't often think of cleaning and can hold a lot of bacteria that will pulminate to the interior of the vehicle.
8. Don't forget to look up! Clean the top of the interior as well as the bottom. Rinsing with a solution of baking soda and water will help to deodorize your vehicle.
9. Use a tennis ball or an eraser to remove scuff marks from the interior of door bottoms. It works great, is easy on the hands and elbows and will improve the looks of your vehicle.
10. Spray on a good fabric protector after washing the upholstery, especially if you have children in the vehicle. It will save on the fabric and be easier to clean-up stains.
Always make sure to check you manufacturer's book for other tips and hints.
Jan Hayner is a Professional Organizer that offers tips and hints on organizing and cleaning to help you to take the stress out of life. Go to Organizing Your Life THE EASY WAY for more information.
posted on: 5/2/2008 10:00:00 AM by Jan Hayner
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
by Jan Hayner
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Jan Hayner is a Professional Organizer and the creator of www.organizingandcleaning.com filled with tips and hints on home organizing and house cleaning shortcuts. After years and years of making mistakes and wasting money she has used her own experiences to help take the stress out of life. There are so many shortcuts to cleaning and organizing, that when you apply them, you will have time for the fun things in life!
Fun Things To Do
- Fishing Lake Michigan
Whether it is by boat or off the pier, there is nothing like getting that first Coho or King.
- Grandchildren are fun
Making memories for your grandchildren of all of the fun times they had with grandma and grandpa is one of the best memories you will make for yourself too.
A tent, a firepit and sitting in the woods is a campers dream. We spend a lot of time camping in Northern Wisconsin and I have tons of camping recipes to share.
- American Idol
I am hooked on this show, nothing interrupts me when this is on. By the time they get to Hollywood, I already have the top ten picked out.
- Last Comic Standing
I love to see how these people, take the judges advice and change their tactics to become great comics, instead of just a comic.
Now really, isn't he the kind of doctor you want on your side? He always has a reason for his actions, he looks until he finds the cure and he has flaws just like the rest of us.
- Any home make over show
I get some of my best ideas off of these shows and I also find things that I wouldn't dream of doing to someone elses home. I will admit, there are times that I wish they would call me and ask for my help!