Blog: Life Management
LEAVE YOUR HOUSE ON TIME TOMORROW
How's your morning routine? Is it a mad dash and scramble to get out of the house on time? Do you wish you could get yourself and the family out of the house cheerfully and with less confusion?
Here are some tips to help you get up and out in an organized fashion:
1. Consider ways that you can begin your routine before the day begins. Do anything
the night before that can be done. Lay out clothes…pack lunches…locate your purse
and work materials…be sure your kids have their homework collected, as well as any
signed permission slips, money or extra materials they will need.
2. Before you go to bed, set your alarm clock out of reach so you don't dawdle in bed.
3. In the morning, wake your kids up at a reasonable time so they have adequate time
to get ready. Be sure they know what their routine and responsibilities are for the
morning. You might want to write out their routine, including time when each step
should be completed. Post it in a place where they can easily see it and you can both
check on their progress.
4. As you plan to leave for work or school, allow extra time for inclement weather.
5. Listen for traffic reports and have alternate routes planned.
6. When you have your schedule all worked out, get up 15 minutes earlier. 15 minutes
of extra sleep won't help you much but 15 minutes of extra time in the morning might
make all the difference between a disastrous start to your day and a great beginning
of a new day!
posted on: 8/12/2008 12:00:00 PM by Judy Warmington
category: The Mental Side
Life Management: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.