Blog: Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
How to Conserve on Water and Your Sewer Bill
As if things aren't bad enough, now some cities are being taxed for sewer usage. We have taxes on taxes and everything is going up on a daily basis.
However, we can gain control of our lives and save money that we don't realize that we are wasting.
You know, I always read the articles that say 'save money', but very seldom put the advice to good use. The other day, I was putting together some of those great ideas and found out that I waste a lot more than I realized. So, I spent just one week of watching those pennies and I got an education!!
These are a few of the things that I learned, about conserving water and keeping our water and sewer bill down. I thought that I would pass them on to you.
- When an ice cube falls on the floor, don't through it in the sink, through it in one of your plants for an additional watering.
- Put the plug in the bathtub BEFORE turning the water on. Then adjust the water as the tub is filling.
- When you clean the fish tank, use the water for your plants. WHY, because the water is filled with nutrients that plants love, so now you have not only watered the plants but fertilized them too.
- Thaw food buy setting the items in a pan of water instead of letting the water run over the items. You will use a lot less water.
- If you only shower for 5 minutes you will save about 1000 gallons of water per month.
- Drop Kleenex into the garbage can instead of the toilet, it will conserve water by eliminating one more flush.
- Brush your teeth and wash your hair while in the shower, it will save on water.
- When doing the laundry, match the water level with the size of the load.
If you have a few tips, send them to Jan Hayner at and check out the other helpful 'Money Saving Tips and Hints on her website.
posted on: 9/12/2008 10:00:00 AM by Jan Hayner
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
by Jan Hayner
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Jan Hayner is a Professional Organizer and the creator of www.organizingandcleaning.com filled with tips and hints on home organizing and house cleaning shortcuts. After years and years of making mistakes and wasting money she has used her own experiences to help take the stress out of life. There are so many shortcuts to cleaning and organizing, that when you apply them, you will have time for the fun things in life!
Fun Things To Do
- Fishing Lake Michigan
Whether it is by boat or off the pier, there is nothing like getting that first Coho or King.
- Grandchildren are fun
Making memories for your grandchildren of all of the fun times they had with grandma and grandpa is one of the best memories you will make for yourself too.
A tent, a firepit and sitting in the woods is a campers dream. We spend a lot of time camping in Northern Wisconsin and I have tons of camping recipes to share.
- American Idol
I am hooked on this show, nothing interrupts me when this is on. By the time they get to Hollywood, I already have the top ten picked out.
- Last Comic Standing
I love to see how these people, take the judges advice and change their tactics to become great comics, instead of just a comic.
Now really, isn't he the kind of doctor you want on your side? He always has a reason for his actions, he looks until he finds the cure and he has flaws just like the rest of us.
- Any home make over show
I get some of my best ideas off of these shows and I also find things that I wouldn't dream of doing to someone elses home. I will admit, there are times that I wish they would call me and ask for my help!