Blog: The Simplified Home
Vacation Packing - How and How Much
How (and how much) you pack can greatly impact your comfort level while on vacation.
Follow these tips as you pack your bags.
• Pack light. When in doubt, leave it out! Adopt a European standard for fashion by wearing your favorite things multiple times while on vacation. You can hand-wash in the hotel sink if necessary. No one ever wishes they had brought more stuff on vacation! (But you might consider bringing an empty duffel bag or backpack to cart home souvenirs.)
• If you're flying, consider taking only a carry-on to save time and frustration upon arrival. If you're checking luggage, make sure to pack essentials (change of clothing, bathing suite, medications, toiletries, snacks) in a carry-on bag, just in case you're separated from your checked bags.
• Invest in handy travel accessories, such as a mini-clothesline, "compression sacs" to compress your clean or dirty clothes, sleep mask, ear plugs, and inflatable neck rest.
• Know the current airline carry-on restrictions by visiting www.faa.gov/passengers or www.tsa.gov/311/ before you go.
• Clean out your wallet before you leave. Take only bare essentials, such as two major credit cards, ATM card, your driver's license or state ID, passport (if traveling abroad), health and car insurance cards, and cash or travelers checks. Leave all other cards at home (you can't lose them if you don't bring them!)
• Make a photocopy of the front and back of your wallet essentials and stash it in your suitcase or leave it with a trusted friend or relative back home. If you should lose your wallet, you can more easily get replacements. Also, leave a copy of your itinerary in your suitcase in case you misplace your original.
Recommended Products to simplify and organize your travels:
Pack This - packing organizer pad
The Travel Organizer
Next up - Home Sweet Home - Keep Your Home Safe During Your Travels
posted on: 7/13/2009 10:00:00 AM by Janet Nusbaum, The Organizing Genie
The Simplified Home: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
The Simplified Home
by Janet Nusbaum, The Organizing Genie
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Janet Nusbaum creates calm out of chaos, and loves bringing serenity and order to overwhelmed households, cluttered offices, frazzled parents, and transitioning seniors and families. Janet, President of Simplified Spaces & The Simplified Home, is an Organizing Consultant, Senior Move Manager, Author and Speaker.
She is the author of "Mom, Can I Help Around the House?" A Simple, Step-by-Step System for Teaching Your Children Life-Long Skills for Pitching-In & Picking-up".
She is a proud member: National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) & National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization (NSGCD)
Visit our blog - www.TheOrganizingGenie.com, and sign-up to receive our special report "SHELF LIFE OF 75 COMMON HOUSEHOLD ITEMS. Use this report to decide what to keep and what to toss ... then TAKE ACTION!!
Janet's Other Blogs: