Blog: Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
8 Things you can do with--Old Shower Curtains
We all like to have a fresh look to the bathroom and so we change the colors, decor and accessories.
I am the kind of person that reuses; I can't throw anything away if I can find another use for it. The only thing in my bathroom that I had a problem figuring out what to reuse it for was, the good old shower curtain.
Take it down and wash it in the washing machine with 1/4 c. vinegar and 2 Tablespoons of baking soda. This will get rid of the mold and disinfect it.
1. If there are bad parts on the bottom, just cut them off. Remember, with plastic you don't have to hem them, so you can use them for basement or garage curtains.
2. Let the kids use this for making a tent over the clothes line or under the picnic table.
3. Or,save it, for the next time you go camping and use it to keep the moisture away from the sleeping bags. Just place between the floor of the tent and the sleeping bag and it will stop the cold from coming through.
4. This comes in handy for tying over the top of your bon fire wood too. It is just large enough to make sure that you always have some dry wood.
5. Use under a sheet in a bed for toddlers, this eliminates a lot of wet mattresses in the middle of the night.
6. This also works as a nice awning or green house for your starter plants in the garden and flower beds.
7. Lay one of these in the garage to put snow boots on and you can bring them in the house when they are dry.
8. Put it in the bottom of the bathtub to protect the tub when you are washing the blinds. Fill the tub with water and cleaner, dunk and wash and rinse off under the shower. (remember to face the shower head to the side of your tub)
I can just picture everyone running around the house looking for more ideas! Wait until you hear the ones for next week Friday!
Jan offers tips and hints on cleaning and organizing to help to save you time and money. Read tips on cleaning, organizing, tips for kids and parents, shortcuts for senior citizens and tons more at http://www.organizingandcleaning.com
posted on: 7/24/2009 10:00:00 AM by Jan Hayner
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
Take The Stress Out Of Housecleaning
by Jan Hayner
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Jan Hayner is a Professional Organizer and the creator of www.organizingandcleaning.com filled with tips and hints on home organizing and house cleaning shortcuts. After years and years of making mistakes and wasting money she has used her own experiences to help take the stress out of life. There are so many shortcuts to cleaning and organizing, that when you apply them, you will have time for the fun things in life!
Fun Things To Do
- Fishing Lake Michigan
Whether it is by boat or off the pier, there is nothing like getting that first Coho or King.
- Grandchildren are fun
Making memories for your grandchildren of all of the fun times they had with grandma and grandpa is one of the best memories you will make for yourself too.
A tent, a firepit and sitting in the woods is a campers dream. We spend a lot of time camping in Northern Wisconsin and I have tons of camping recipes to share.
- American Idol
I am hooked on this show, nothing interrupts me when this is on. By the time they get to Hollywood, I already have the top ten picked out.
- Last Comic Standing
I love to see how these people, take the judges advice and change their tactics to become great comics, instead of just a comic.
Now really, isn't he the kind of doctor you want on your side? He always has a reason for his actions, he looks until he finds the cure and he has flaws just like the rest of us.
- Any home make over show
I get some of my best ideas off of these shows and I also find things that I wouldn't dream of doing to someone elses home. I will admit, there are times that I wish they would call me and ask for my help!