Blog: Life Fitness
6 Health Baby Steps You Can Take Right Now
By cutting down on the number of calories taken in and being physically active, women can reduce their chances of becoming overweight or obese. They may also reduce their risk of developing certain life-threatening illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, and some cancers.
Here are some tips on healthy eating and physical activity:
1. Start your day with breakfast. Breakfast fills your "empty tank" — it gets you going after a long night without food. Easy-to-prepare breakfasts include cold cereal with fruit and low-fat or fat-free milk, whole-wheat toast with peanut butter, and whole-grain waffles.
2. Get moving! It's easy to fit physical activities into your daily routine. Walk, bike, or jog to see friends. Climb stairs instead of taking an escalator or elevator. Take a 10-minute activity break every hour when you read or watch TV. Try to do these things for at least 30 minutes on most if not all days of the week.
3. Snack smart. Choose snacks from different food groups: a glass of low-fat or fat-free milk, an apple, or celery sticks with peanut butter.
4. Work up a sweat. Regular vigorous workouts — when you're breathing hard and sweating — improve the health of your heart and lungs, help relieve stress and anxiety, and reduce some of the effects of aging.
5. Balance your food choices. Choose healthy foods based on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's My Pyramid Plan and checking out the Nutrition Facts label on food packages will help you get all of the nutrients you need without taking in too many calories.
6. Make healthy eating and physical activities fun! Take advantage of physical activities you and your friends enjoy doing together. Be adventurous — try new sports, games, and other activities, as well as new foods.
posted on: 9/2/2009 10:30:00 AM by Robin Stephens
Life Fitness: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
by Robin Stephens
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Hello, I'm Robin Stephens -
your "M"power coach! The "M" stands for Mind -
because that's where all change begins!
I'm a professional organizer, certified
personal trainer and lifestyle management coach.
Welcome to YourLifeinOrder.com - Lifestyle
Fitness for Sassy, Seasoned Women professionals
and business owners.
Is your life healthy, wealthy and organized?
A healthy body MEANS business!
A healthy home environment supports and
strengthens you. Purposeful goals encourage
you to live with passion and balance - in your
professional and personal life.
Visit me at www.yourlifeinorder.com for
your free Success kit! Get free resources
and tips on how to reclaim, release, and
renew your body, mind, spirit and your
environment. Make yourself the focal
point and shine like the diamond you are
with radiant health, energy, and passion!
Contact me at
[email protected]@gmail.com/[email protected]
or call 206-473-7697.
Robin's Other Blogs: