Blog: Life Fitness
Mapping your success - 8 reasons to journal
Recording the details of your quest for a healthy lifestyle – eating clean, reducing your stress, working out, organizing your life – is incredibly valuable as your own personal teaching tool as well as vastly increasing your chances for success.
Many of us (myself included!) choose to ignore or strenuously avoid journaling because we don't understand the need for it. So often we launch ourselves into effort without knowing where we're going or where we started from. Putting pen to paper in a training journal gets the mess out of your head and delivers focus and validation to your efforts. No detail is insignificant – it's your story!
Here are 8 good reasons to map it all out. . .
1. It keeps you focused and on track.
2. You can look back at the week and plan your next week based on that.
3. It helps you stay in the present and be mindful.
4. You can't manage what you can't measure.
5. Your journal helps you keep track of where you are and what to do next.
6. It's a source of motivation on days when you feel like you're going nowhere. You can look back and see that in fact you're doing pretty well!
7. It's easier to make adjustments to your lifestyle if you can see exactly what you've done and are doing.
8. The discipline spills over into other areas of your life in a positive way.
posted on: 3/10/2010 10:30:00 AM by Robin Stephens
Life Fitness: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
by Robin Stephens
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Hello, I'm Robin Stephens -
your "M"power coach! The "M" stands for Mind -
because that's where all change begins!
I'm a professional organizer, certified
personal trainer and lifestyle management coach.
Welcome to YourLifeinOrder.com - Lifestyle
Fitness for Sassy, Seasoned Women professionals
and business owners.
Is your life healthy, wealthy and organized?
A healthy body MEANS business!
A healthy home environment supports and
strengthens you. Purposeful goals encourage
you to live with passion and balance - in your
professional and personal life.
Visit me at www.yourlifeinorder.com for
your free Success kit! Get free resources
and tips on how to reclaim, release, and
renew your body, mind, spirit and your
environment. Make yourself the focal
point and shine like the diamond you are
with radiant health, energy, and passion!
Contact me at
robin@[email protected]/[email protected]
or call 206-473-7697.
Robin's Other Blogs: