Blog: Healthy Wealthy Organizers
Getting More "Fans" with FaceBook
I've been using Facebook for quite some time now, but hadn't really considered creating a fan page until recently. These tips helped me focus on how I wanted to present my page to prospects and I hope you'll find them useful.
1. Create a memorable name and URL for your page. It should be immediately recognizable to prospects and clients. You'll want to name your page as an extension of your brand. Once you've named your page and have at least 25 fans, you should secure your username at http://facebook.com/username. This will allow you to promote your page using a vanity URL which is shorter and easier for fans to find.
2. Import your blog. The Notes application will allow you to import your blog feed so every time you post your fan page is automatically updated. Fans can comment and interact to the posts right on the fan page. This tip alone saved me lots of time!
3. Publish relevant content. Don't just push your products and services. It's important to provide interesting and relevant content about your business - and publish informative videos and articles that will position you as an expert in your field.
4. Promote your events. Create an event in your Facebook account and allow your fans to register and attend your event. Obviuosly, this will create a really positive experience for your fans and help you promote your business as well.
5. Control where your fans first land. You probably don't want the first place they land to be your "Wall" - because you don't have total control over that area. Much of the content there is created by your fans. Facebook allows you to create a customized page for fans to land on. You can include photos, text links, videos and other applications. To create a custom page, browse the Facebook applications and find the FBML app. Paste in the FBML code and then edit your fan page settings to select the specific tab you want newcomers to land on.
posted on: 3/19/2010 2:08:03 PM by Robin Stephens
Healthy Wealthy Organizers: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
Healthy Wealthy Organizers
by Robin Stephens
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Hello, I'm Robin Stephens -
your "M"power coach! The "M" stands for Mind -
because that's where all change begins!
I'm a professional organizer, certified
personal trainer and lifestyle management coach.
Welcome to YourLifeinOrder.com - Lifestyle
Fitness for Sassy, Seasoned Women professionals
and business owners.
Is your life healthy, wealthy and organized?
A healthy body MEANS business!
A healthy home environment supports and
strengthens you. Purposeful goals encourage
you to live with passion and balance - in your
professional and personal life.
Visit me at www.yourlifeinorder.com for
your free Success kit! Get free resources
and tips on how to reclaim, release, and
renew your body, mind, spirit and your
environment. Make yourself the focal
point and shine like the diamond you are
with radiant health, energy, and passion!
Contact me at
[email protected]@gmail.com/[email protected]
or call 206-473-7697.
Robin's Other Blogs: