Blog: Life Fitness
Is Life Sabotaging Your Health?
I've been studying the how and why of creating a healthy lifestyle for many years now and what I know for sure is that emotional fitness influences physical fitness in a huge way. I've noticed how emotion-life issues have the power to consistently undermine my clients' success. What we're finding out (and more and research is emerging in this area) is that creating a healthy lifestyle is a holistic process. Energy imbalances in ANY area of our life will affect how we feel, perform and think. These obstacles can include things like food allergies, depression, hormone imbalances, ADD, thyroid problems and diseases like lupus and MS. If you're unaware of how these profoundly affect you, you're possibly setting yourself up for failure.
Blocks in our energy fields can restrict our energy, decrease and sabotage our motivation and set us up to fail with our fitness goals. If you're on a quest for a healthy body - you'll discover how to end the struggle if you organize your life naturally and organically around your health if you support the health of body, mind, and spirit.
Here are 5 ways to begin creating your own healthy holistic lifestyle. . .
1. Fitness is more than just eating clean and exercising. Think about "fitness" as more than a physical body experience. It's emotional, spiritual, psychological and physical. If you don't consider all 4 of these areas in your fitness plan, you're opening the door to self-sabotage.
2. Shift your focus from losing weight to creating a practice of extreme self-care. Weight release should be a byproduct of living a healthy lifestyle. Break away from the mindset that you have to lose a certain amount of weight in order to feel good about yourself. You need to take good care of your body TODAY. The one day at a time approach will eliminate a huge energy drain to getting in shape - negative self talk.
3. There are no one size fits all eating and exercising plans. The diet industry wants you to believe that because it will keep you coming back to them time and again and that's how they make their money! You MUST learn what makes your individual body "tick" and find out what best suits your needs and lifestyle. Dr. Oz calls this your "individual factory settings" and they are different for all of us. Ayurvedic medicine understands this much better than Western culture. They treat the individual and identify 3 very separate and distinct body types and prescribe different health solutions based on your type.
4. Focus, focus, focus. When you do exercise, use this time to connect with your body and experience what it is telling you. I used to lift weights with one thought in my mind - getting it done. I was frustrated that I wasn't building muscle the way I wanted. When I mentioned this to a friend (who is an amateur-pro volleyball player and in amazing shape) she showed me for the first time weight training as a form of meditation. She taught me how to focus and move slowly through the exercise, putting my whole attention on the msucle I was working. I began to connect with my body in a deeper, more spiritual way - really! Learning to exercise in a more deliberate fashion actually got me faster results in way less time.
5. Assume you will stumble on the path, fall off the wagon - whichever metaphor you choose. It's a given. When you do, remember that getting back up, on, and off the couch AND feeling ok about it is just one healthy choice away. Give yourself a break. As long as you're committed to moving forward you will reach your goals. The quest for perfection, on the other hand will continue to derail you.
posted on: 7/5/2010 12:45:04 PM by Robin Stephens
Life Fitness: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
by Robin Stephens
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Hello, I'm Robin Stephens -
your "M"power coach! The "M" stands for Mind -
because that's where all change begins!
I'm a professional organizer, certified
personal trainer and lifestyle management coach.
Welcome to YourLifeinOrder.com - Lifestyle
Fitness for Sassy, Seasoned Women professionals
and business owners.
Is your life healthy, wealthy and organized?
A healthy body MEANS business!
A healthy home environment supports and
strengthens you. Purposeful goals encourage
you to live with passion and balance - in your
professional and personal life.
Visit me at www.yourlifeinorder.com for
your free Success kit! Get free resources
and tips on how to reclaim, release, and
renew your body, mind, spirit and your
environment. Make yourself the focal
point and shine like the diamond you are
with radiant health, energy, and passion!
Contact me at
[email protected]@gmail.com/[email protected]
or call 206-473-7697.
Robin's Other Blogs: