Blog: Life Fitness
5 Essentials to Fit Living
Clutter affects your health. There's a direct paralell between how you take care of your living space and how you take care of yourself.
What does your space say about you? Doing these 5 things will make it much easier for your to become fit in every area of your life.
1. Your home should support your "why" motivation. Does your environment reflect what you say is most precious to you? For instance, you want to cook healthy meals for yourself and your family. But are the counters piled so high with stuff that you couldn't make a cup of tea much less a meal? Organize to enjoy what really matters to you and your health.
2. Take baby steps. Don't try to revamp your entire house at once. Not only will you fail, but the mental clutter of discouragement will make your situation worse than before you started. Take it one step at a time - start with a drawer, a cabinet, a closet, one pile. With a little patience you'll baby step yourself right to your goal.
3. Follow the In-Out Rule. For every new thing that comes in, something else must go out. This one step alone will reduce your clutter by 50%.
4. Detoxify your food supply. Go through the pantry, cabinets and fridge. If whatever you've got in there doesn't support your extreme self-care "fit to live" mantra, toss it. Or give to a food bank if you feel guilty about wasting food. Then restock with good for you foods like lean proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grain breads.
5. Bag up your guilt and power up! One of the biggest problems I see as a professional organizers is the shame and guilt that come up for clients who have allowed clutter to take over their lives. Negative self-talk like "how could this happen?" and "what's wrong with me?" consumes a lot of energy and then drains you of motivation. Instead, deep breath in - walk into the fray and resolve to stick with it until you've dug out from under. For every pound of clutter you remove you cut 10 times that of mental clutter. Then feel the light!
posted on: 8/18/2010 10:30:00 AM by Robin Stephens
Life Fitness: < Previous Post
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
by Robin Stephens
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Hello, I'm Robin Stephens -
your "M"power coach! The "M" stands for Mind -
because that's where all change begins!
I'm a professional organizer, certified
personal trainer and lifestyle management coach.
Welcome to YourLifeinOrder.com - Lifestyle
Fitness for Sassy, Seasoned Women professionals
and business owners.
Is your life healthy, wealthy and organized?
A healthy body MEANS business!
A healthy home environment supports and
strengthens you. Purposeful goals encourage
you to live with passion and balance - in your
professional and personal life.
Visit me at www.yourlifeinorder.com for
your free Success kit! Get free resources
and tips on how to reclaim, release, and
renew your body, mind, spirit and your
environment. Make yourself the focal
point and shine like the diamond you are
with radiant health, energy, and passion!
Contact me at
[email protected]@gmail.com/[email protected]
or call 206-473-7697.
Robin's Other Blogs: