Blog: Life Management
TEST YOUR ORGANIZATION IQ
How organized are you? What's your most frustrating organization problem?
Take this simple test adapted from Jeff Davidson, author of Breathing Space. Write down or count on your fingers any time you say yes to one of these questions:
- Do you spend five or more minutes looking for an item you need?
- Are week old papers still on your desk or kitchen counter?
- Do you have trouble finding that one thing you use all the time?
- Do you think you need to keep everything in sight, because, if you can't see it you don't trust yourself to find where you've stored it?
- Do you feel you could be more organized if only you had enough space?
- Do you have piles of magazines that you haven't gotten around to reading?
- Did you ever find something at the bottom of a pile that you didn't know was there?
Davidson says that if you answer yes to one of these questions, it would be helpful to clean your desk or house. If you answered yes to two questions, it's important for you to start organizing now. If you answered yes to three or more questions, you may need a bulldozer. At least you'll want to attend a class or buy a good book on organization techniques.
posted on: 2/22/2011 12:00:00 PM by Judy Warmington
category: The Mental Side
Life Management: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Discuss This Post
There are no comments.
by Judy Warmington
View This Blog
Subscribe To This Blog
Judy Warmington, Woman Time Management (owner) -- Busy wife, mother of three adult/married children, grandmother of 10 (5 boys and 5 girls!), former high school teacher (M.A. from W.M.U.), Speaker, Author, Radio Personality, and Trainer of Professional Organizers.