Blog: Paper Organizing Made Easy
Corralling the Children's Paper
If you're the parent of at least one school age child, you fully understand the depth school paperwork overload. Who knew that a 6 or 8 year old would be privy to such a paper volume?
If you are drowing in school papers, bulletins, calendars and reminders, I have a few tips to help you keep it all check.
1. Assign Homes: It's simple enough, so have a place for homework, a place for calendars, reminders and other school information. This will help things go where they should right away, before they get out of hand.
2. Don't Delay, Put It Away: Take a look at the paperwork each day and decide what to do with it. If you've done step #1 above, put the paper in question in its home.
3. Only Keep What You Need: If your child gets a weekly school newsletter, only keep a two week's worth. Write down the important information and recycle the old. Designate a file or binder for phone lists and other resources you'll need for the school year.
4. Year-End-Celebration: At the end of the school year, sit down with your child and celebrate the last year of school. Many times we celebrate the "firsts" of our children's lives, but don't make much fanfare about their "lasts". This is the last time they will be a 4th grader, 8th grader or preschooler. Look thru the momentos of the past year, and decide what you will keep. It might be that your child chooses ten things, and you choose your own ten things. The rest gets recycled or sent out to grandparents who are just waiting for artwork for their home.
Handling your child's paper tiger is a great way to teach them about organization at an early age. The other benefit? You'll be organized too!
posted on: 11/14/2007 10:30:00 AM by Brandie Kajino
Paper Organizing Made Easy: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Paper Organizing Made Easy
by Brandie Kajino
View This Blog
Brandie Kajino, "The Home Office Organizer" "Empowering you to organize your home office"
Brandie's Other Blogs:
- Disorder2Order Blog
- Creative Organizing Blog
Aby Garvey's blog
- Ikea Hacker
Fun things to do with Ikea products
- My Lemonade Stand Blog
For the brighter side of life
- My Simpler Life Blog
- Neat & Simple Blog
- Harmonious Environment Blog
Great information on feng shui
- OrganizingLA Blog
John Trosko's musings on organizing and other fun stuff
- Simple Living America
- The Cottage Nest Blog
I love cottage style, and this is a great blog for ideas!
- The Inspired Room
Get inspired by Melissa's gorgeous photos and ideas about interior redesign
- Your Life.Organized.
Monica Ricci's blog
Learn about living simply and getting life to what matters
Women DIYers unite!
- Get Satisfied
- Ideal Bite
Want to make your life more environmentally friendly? Take a little "bite" at a time and make it happen!
- Interior Refiners Network
Want to redecorate in one day? It can be done. Find an Interior Refiner near you.
- National Association of Professional Organizers
Find a Professional Organizer near you.
- Office PDX
Part office products, part art gallery, part cultural creativity center. Lots of fun!
What's not to love about gorgeous office products?
- See Jane Work
Stylish & sophisticated office products for professional women
Storage + style = fabulous!
- Take Back Your Time
Working smarter, having more life
- The Container Store
The original organizing store
The biggest resource on the internet of where to recycle, dispose of properly and generally become more environmentally responsible
Find a recipe, eat really good food