Blog: Just Do Itů Finding The Motivation
Let's Have Some Funů
Since there's so much to do with Christmas just around the bend, I thought I'd keep things light this week. Taking a cue from David Letterman, let's do a Top 10 Motivations To Get Organized:
10. Make someone's day by donating what you know you'll never use or need
9. Plan your own "shock and awe" on your boss by being on time!
8. Hubby will be thrilled the family can eat at the table again; bonus: he'll no longer nag you about the piles on the kitchen table
7. Have more space; caution: this is not a license to fill it back up again!
6. No more playing Hide-N-Seek, no matter how much exercise you've gotten by hunting for everything every day
5. You can now open the door and let people in!
4. Cleaning takes less time now: less to dust, less to move and clean around
3. More free time to sit and truly relax
2. With no clutter in sight, there's no clutter on the mind!
And the Number One Motivation To Get Organized isů..
Can you say LESS S-T-R-E-S-S !!! Can't you feel that weight lifted?? Don't it feel great??!! Aaahhh.
posted on: 12/10/2007 12:00:00 PM by Nancy McGarity
category: The Mental Side
Just Do Itů Finding The Motivation: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Just Do Itů Finding The Motivation
by Nancy McGarity
View This Blog
I'm a mom, wife, professional organizing consultant and speaker, and a former Early Childhood educator. A personal crisis in my own life took me from perfectionism to total mayhem. I want neither. I'm now all about balance and being realistic about what I and my clients can maintain. My organizing business Real Solutions For Living was started to: 1) let people know they are not alone in their struggle to overcome clutter chaos, 2) to help them reduce their stress, 3) to help them gain back control of their spaces and lives, and 4) to offer realistic, practical, and down to earth solutions. I love what I do!
- "Success consists of getting up one more time than you fall."
Favorite Books on Organizing
- Organizing For the Creative Person
- Making Peace With The Things In Your Life
- Buried Treasures
- Messie No More
- Conquering Chronic Disorganization
- Organizing From the Inside Out
- Clutter's Last Stand