Blog: Settling Into Your New Home
Simplify Your Holiday Light Setup: 3 Easy Steps
I love driving around and looking at holiday lights. It's fun to see the creativity and differing displays of lights and seasonal displays. It could be I'm a December baby, but something about those twinkling lights makes me want to bust out "White Christmas" (Ok, so I play that movie at least five times through the holidays). I have to admit putting up our own lights doesn't always give me such a warm fuzzy feeling. Maybe it's like a coffee drink tasting better when I'm paying them to make it for me...
If you're moving into a new home, setting up the lights the first year can be a challenge. You may need an additional string, not be able to use all you have or just need a whole new set altogether! With a little planning this year, putting the lights out can be less stressful next year. Here are a few ideas to make this chore a little easier:
I hope this makes setting up your holiday lights a little brighter.
- Group and label your decorations. If you have an outdoor set of lights and an indoor set, keep them stored separately and be sure to label them in clear containers. This way, when you pull them out of storage, you'll know if they go outside or inside.
- Take a picture of your display at night and during the day. Attach the photo to the inside of the storage container. This will give you a visual reminder of where everything is, and a place to start when getting everything out.
- Make a map of all the pieces. This will help you remember what gets connected to what, and where it goes on the actual house, yard, railing, etc. You'll be able to lay everything out, hook it up, plug it in and enjoy.
Have a tip you want to share? .
posted on: 12/13/2007 1:30:00 PM by Brandie Kajino
Settling Into Your New Home: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Settling Into Your New Home
by Brandie Kajino
View This Blog
Brandie Kajino, "The Home Office Organizer" "Empowering you to organize your home office"
Brandie's Other Blogs:
- Disorder2Order Blog
- Creative Organizing Blog
Aby Garvey's blog
- Ikea Hacker
Fun things to do with Ikea products
- My Lemonade Stand Blog
For the brighter side of life
- My Simpler Life Blog
- Neat & Simple Blog
- Harmonious Environment Blog
Great information on feng shui
- OrganizingLA Blog
John Trosko's musings on organizing and other fun stuff
- Simple Living America
- The Cottage Nest Blog
I love cottage style, and this is a great blog for ideas!
- The Inspired Room
Get inspired by Melissa's gorgeous photos and ideas about interior redesign
- Your Life.Organized.
Monica Ricci's blog
Learn about living simply and getting life to what matters
Women DIYers unite!
- Get Satisfied
- Ideal Bite
Want to make your life more environmentally friendly? Take a little "bite" at a time and make it happen!
- Interior Refiners Network
Want to redecorate in one day? It can be done. Find an Interior Refiner near you.
- National Association of Professional Organizers
Find a Professional Organizer near you.
- Office PDX
Part office products, part art gallery, part cultural creativity center. Lots of fun!
What's not to love about gorgeous office products?
- See Jane Work
Stylish & sophisticated office products for professional women
Storage + style = fabulous!
- Take Back Your Time
Working smarter, having more life
- The Container Store
The original organizing store
The biggest resource on the internet of where to recycle, dispose of properly and generally become more environmentally responsible
Find a recipe, eat really good food