Blog: My New Home -- An Organizer's Adventure in Building, Selling, Moving
Dealing with Holiday Blahs
Sometimes life itself becomes bland. Holiday plans you were so excited about last week seem like a drag this week. If you find yourself in a state of depleted motivation, take a look at the tips in the list below. It contains things to consider and actions to take, but there's no pressure!
- Don't "pile it on."
Everyone gets in a funk now and then. You know it's temporary. "Loser" is not your new definition.
- Do something that will make you feel better, for instance:–
- Go out to lunch. Get out and get the focus off what you're not doing.
- Work out! This is the most tried and true method for raising your spirits and energy level. It is believed that the endorphins produced after prolonged exercise enhance your mood. In addition, you get a feeling of accomplishment and a pleasant buzz in your body.
- Put yourself on a timer.
If you can't hack the idea of working on your To Do list today, but you have to, make a deal with yourself to work an hour and set the timer. Once the timer buzzes, you're released. Take the rest of the day off.
- Think about what's bothering you.
Write things out in your journal or talk it over with a friend
- Work with a friend, family member, colleague or professional.
- Tell them you need help getting over a hump
- Set a hard date to tackle the work together.
- Tell some jokes and have fun!
posted on: 12/21/2007 1:30:00 PM by Ginny Gassman
My New Home -- An Organizer's Adventure in Building, Selling, Moving: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
My New Home -- An Organizer's Adventure in Building, Selling, Moving
by Ginny Gassman
View This Blog
Ginny Gassman is the owner of Tidy Cove, LLC, which provides professional organizing services for the New Hampshire Lakes Region. Tidy Cove publishes a free organizing tips newsletter.
Things that make me happy
- 15 minutes more sleep
- Labrador Retrievers
- flat water
- nieces and nephews
- champagne powder
- The Pats