Blog: Paper Organizing Made Easy
Taking Notes On The Phone
Do you take notes while you're on the phone? I am a voracious note taker; it's how I remember things best. If you're like me, you might be drowning in little notes from voicemail, conference calls or just plain old phone conversations. Where do you put it all? One thing you can do is create a Phone Log. It can be in whatever form you want. Here's some ideas:
- Leather bound book: Get something fun like a Moleskin notebook or bound journal. Whenever you talk with someone on the phone, write down important information like dates, names, phone numbers, conversation details, etc. If you use this book consistently, you'll know right where to go when you are looking for your information.
- Spiral notebook: If you want quick and easy and inexpensive, a spiral notebook works fine. Same as above with writing down important information and memory joggers. Keep it by your phone or with you if you are mobile a lot of the time.
- Use your Contact Manager: If you use a PDA or laptop with a contact manager, use your Journal feature to keep paperless notes about conversations you've had with your contacts. It's a great way to track what you've talked about, and less paper to deal with.
Not matter what your work style or personality, a Phone Log can help you herd all those little notes and scraps of paper. Then, when you need the information, it's in one place.
Well, gotta go, my phone's ringing! :)
posted on: 1/30/2008 10:30:00 AM by Brandie Kajino
Paper Organizing Made Easy: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Paper Organizing Made Easy
by Brandie Kajino
View This Blog
Brandie Kajino, "The Home Office Organizer" "Empowering you to organize your home office"
Brandie's Other Blogs:
- Disorder2Order Blog
- Creative Organizing Blog
Aby Garvey's blog
- Ikea Hacker
Fun things to do with Ikea products
- My Lemonade Stand Blog
For the brighter side of life
- My Simpler Life Blog
- Neat & Simple Blog
- Harmonious Environment Blog
Great information on feng shui
- OrganizingLA Blog
John Trosko's musings on organizing and other fun stuff
- Simple Living America
- The Cottage Nest Blog
I love cottage style, and this is a great blog for ideas!
- The Inspired Room
Get inspired by Melissa's gorgeous photos and ideas about interior redesign
- Your Life.Organized.
Monica Ricci's blog
Learn about living simply and getting life to what matters
Women DIYers unite!
- Get Satisfied
- Ideal Bite
Want to make your life more environmentally friendly? Take a little "bite" at a time and make it happen!
- Interior Refiners Network
Want to redecorate in one day? It can be done. Find an Interior Refiner near you.
- National Association of Professional Organizers
Find a Professional Organizer near you.
- Office PDX
Part office products, part art gallery, part cultural creativity center. Lots of fun!
What's not to love about gorgeous office products?
- See Jane Work
Stylish & sophisticated office products for professional women
Storage + style = fabulous!
- Take Back Your Time
Working smarter, having more life
- The Container Store
The original organizing store
The biggest resource on the internet of where to recycle, dispose of properly and generally become more environmentally responsible
Find a recipe, eat really good food