Blog: The Organized Woman
What Lives Together Dries Together
Yes, it's never ending... it's boring, it's all over the floor- it's what you wear and it needs constant attention. Here's how I deal with laundry.... pick and choose which ideas may work for your lifestyle. Laundry snobs turn your head and cover your ears because this is the lazy women's guide to staying on top of your dirty laundry.
- I do laundry on Sundays. Sometimes I slip in a load during the week... but I find that on Sunday's my family is just hanging out and it's easier to ask for folding + put away help when you plop a load in front of the remote control! I also LOVE that I'm NOT doing laundry EVERY day!
- One kid/room at a time. I'm really lazy... my son's clothes tend to be all darks so his entire load... white socks and all go in the same load. Now he's a wearing a larger size so he's up to 2 loads... one jeans, one everything else. My daughter's clothes can all mix it up and my hubby and I... well I do separate our darks + whites and by texture: t-shirts in one load, jeans in another etc.
- What lives together, dries together. This is my secret tactic for saving time and space! When you pull the item out of the dryer- fold it and sort it. Of course this requires you clear all the crap off the top of your machines... do that before you even hunker down to do laundry. You'll have fewer piles because you're not sorting for 4 people- just one kid/room at a time.
- A little accountability. Here are my self accountability secret steps for keeping laundry from taking over my bed, couch, floor, life. You've got to put it away immediately. After folding and sorting, place clean piles in basket. Before you return them to their home base....add next load to the dryer then run the water for the next load. NOW you have to beat the clock! Dash to put away the clean clothes and make it back in time to add dirty clothes before the swishing sounds begin... you can do it.... just don't get distracted by all the other crap you need to tackle as you wind your way from the laundry room to the closet.
And so the laundry saga continues, week in and week out!
A few more tidbits to satisfy you perfectionista's:
- I typically do linen's on Friday's... since that's the day I change the sheets.
- I don't fold underwear....as long it's clean that's just fine with me.
- My black socks all match, my children wear white socks in 1 or 2 styles. This really saves on sorting time.
Questions? Comments? Your fabulous little tidbits? Do Share.....
posted on: 1/31/2008 12:30:00 PM by Krista Colvin
category: Special Populations
The Organized Woman: < Previous Post - Next Post >
Blog Central: < Previous Post - Next Post >
The Organized Woman
by Krista Colvin
View This Blog
As the owner and founder of Organize in Style, Krista Colvin helps organized women get more organized! She is an energetic speaker and professional organizing consultant.
Functional + Fabulous!
- The Schoolfolio
LOVE the Schoolfolio all-in-one.... it's where I save my precious lil' picasso's artwork! Rumor has it that there are only a limited number of the fabulous all-in-ones. You can get 10% off if you pick my name in the affiliate menu.. now isn't that fabulous + functional!
- "Juggling Elephants"
My new FAVORITE book on juggling it all....a wonderful little story that us busy mamas need to read and remind ourselves to enjoy our own 3-ring circus!
- Diana Acuesta
Oooooh... I can't tell you how much I adore this jewerly designer. I wish she had a website up and running so you could indulge.
- Ladies Who Launch
My favorite professional/women's group. Inspires women to take the plunge into creative entrepreneurship. They are all over... check to see if there is a group in your area.
- Gal to Gal Foundation
I adore Design-her Gals and love what the owner, Jeanne Fitzmaurice is doing for stage IV breast cancer women and their families. Her virtual walk across america is truly fabulous...get your gal and get going!
A Few Favorite Blogs
- Organize in Style
Would love to have you check out my blog....
- Sponsor a Teacher
This is a great program!
inspiration, floral eye candy!
- Have a word with me
Wall expressions- easy to use, easy to take off.