You Are Here: Home - Expert Advice - The Organizer's Toolbox - Tip Sheets
NEW! - Keywords For This Page: Moving - Estates - Finances
Feel free to use this tip sheet / checklist as you tackle your own ""do-it-yourself"" organizing projects. If you would like to REPRINT or DISTRIBUTE this information, please click here for reprinting instructions.
ASK YOUR AGENT
- find out how well the agent knows areas you are considering
- inquire about credentials, licensing and areas of expertise
- learn if the agent belongs to the Multiple Listing Service
- ask about the types of homes the agent typically deals with
- look for an agency that provides more than just house-hunting
- good agents should contact their clients every week
- get a list of satisfied clients as references
- find out what % of asking price agent's homes sold for in last year
- find out how many days agent's homes stayed on market
- if you doubt an agent's abilities, choose someone else
OTHER REAL ESTATE SERVICES
- school and community information
- customized relocation packet (city, housing market, financing, etc.)
- a service to find medical personnel
- agency that can assist with rental property for interim housing
- agency that will help with a spousal employment search
- ability to video-tape houses to show absent family members
- info about activities, day care, and retirement centers
THE MARKETING PLAN
- advertising specifics (brochures and flyers)
- an open house agenda
- a plan to inform other Realtors in the area about property
- mailings and phone calls
- "agent's opens" or "caravans"
- get quantitative promises (when and where ads will run, etc.)
Would you like to reprint this tip sheet in your publication -- or distribute it to a wider audience? Click here for reprinting instructions.
Click here if you would like to submit a tip sheet or checklist...