You Are Here: Home - Expert Advice - The Organizer's Toolbox - Tip Sheets
NEW! - Keywords For This Page: Consumer Rights - Legal Matters - Safety / Security
Feel free to use this tip sheet / checklist as you tackle your own ""do-it-yourself"" organizing projects. If you would like to REPRINT or DISTRIBUTE this information, please click here for reprinting instructions.
ASK YOUR ATTORNEY BEFORE YOU MEET
- How long have you been in practice?
- What kind of law do you normally practice?
- Have you dealt with this specific kind of case before? How many times?
- Would you handle my case personally, or someone else from your office?
- What % of cases like mine have you won or settled in favor of your clients?
- Can you give me 5 references from previous clients that I may contact?
- Is there a fee for an initial in-person consultation?
AT YOUR FIRST MEETING
- What do you see as the strong points and weaknesses in my case?
- What do you think the outcome of this suit will be?
- Do you believe that we can settle out of court?
- Do you think that this case will go to trial?
- What could I stand to win or lose (monetary or otherwise)?
- How long do you think this case will take, from start to finish?
- Will you consult me before making any important decisions on my case?
- How often will we be in touch throughout the process?
CHARGES FOR SERVICES
- How do you charge for your services (hourly, contingency, etc.)?
- Will you sign a written fee agreement before we begin my case?
- Do you expect an up-front retainer to start this case? How much?
- What do you estimate my total cost to be?
- When do you expect payment (increments, at the end of the case, etc.)?
- Will I get itemized billing throughout the process or at the end of the case?
Copyright Ramona Creel, all rights reserved-- you are welcome to reprint any article, but you MUST include this resource box.
Ramona Creel is a modern Renaissance woman and guru of simplicity -- traveling the country as a full-time RVer, sharing her story of radically downsizing, and inspiring others to regain control of their own lives. As a Professional Organizer and Accountability Coach, Ramona will help you create the time and space to focus on your true priorities -- clearing away the clutter other obstacles and standing in the way of that life you've always wanted to be living. As a Professional Photographer, Ramona captures powerful images of places and people as she travels. And as a travel writer, social commentator, and blogger, she shares her experiences and insights about the world as we know it. You can see all these sides of Ramona -- read her articles, browse through her photographs, and even hire her to help get your life in order -- at www.RamonaCreel.com. And be sure to follow her on Twitter and on Facebook.
Would you like to reprint this tip sheet in your publication -- or distribute it to a wider audience? Click here for reprinting instructions.
Click here if you would like to submit a tip sheet or checklist...