You Are Here: Home - Expert Advice - The Organizer's Toolbox - Tip Sheets
NEW! - Keywords For This Page: Tips And Tricks
Feel free to use this tip sheet / checklist as you tackle your own ""do-it-yourself"" organizing projects. If you would like to REPRINT or DISTRIBUTE this information, please click here for reprinting instructions.
BACKGROUND AND CREDENTIALS
- How long have you been a Professional Organizer?
- What is your educational background?
- What kind of work did you do before becoming an organizer?
- Why did you become a Professional Organizer?
- Are you a member of NAPO? Any other professional groups?
- Do you have any relevant certifications or distinctions?
- Can you provide me with 5 client references that I may contact?
METHOD OF WORKING
- Do you have a "minimum" size job?
- What is a standard length session? How often would we meet?
- What is your organizing philosophy?
- What is expected of me during work sessions? What can I expect of you?
- Do you provide supplies? Will you shop for supplies? What is the fee?
- Do you bring in assistants or work alone?
- Can you refer me to other related services if I need them?
- Do you assign "homework" between organizing sessions?
- Would we work in person or over the phone?
POLICIES AND FEES
- Do you charge by the hour, the day, or the project for your services?
- Do you charge for travel? How much?
- Do you guarantee your work in any way?
- Do you have a cancellation policy? What is it?
- Do you charge extra to work nights or weekends? Any other fees?
- Do you offer a free on-site consultation? If you charge for it, how much?
- Do you have a written contract or letter of agreement?
- Are you insured or bonded?
- What business or corporate organizing services do you provide?
- What residential organizing services do you provide?
- Do you put on workshops or speaking engagements?
- Do you work with seniors? Children? Students?
- Do you work with ADD / ADHD or chronically disorganized clients?
- Do you work with disabilities? Learning disorders? Traumatic brain injury?
- Do you work with groups or just individuals?
Would you like to reprint this tip sheet in your publication -- or distribute it to a wider audience? Click here for reprinting instructions.
Click here if you would like to submit a tip sheet or checklist...